Pages

07 June 2011

My Little Micah Bear Update

We met with a pediatric surgeon Wednesday {May 25} to discuss Micah's possible plans of action. The surgeon was very nice after our very long wait. He felt like Micah looked good and that there is no need for immediate surgery. He thinks we just need to continue on using the zantac, reglan and tide stain release (for our clothes HA!) to combat this problem. Micah is to get his weight checked every two weeks for a few months to watch his growth. If he continues to fall off the growth chart or gets really sick from the constant spitting up then we will re-visit the idea of surgery, but for now we wait and hope he grows out of by age 1.

isn't that wall paper hideous?
he loves to nurse my arm and leave hickeys....so nice.

I am so thankful MW doesn't need surgery because that would be no fun, but I wish we could find that magic wand to stop the chronic spitting up, but such is life and we will take it. It's not the end of the world.

While he looks chubby, he just is gaining slowly.

So for now I will just continue to nurse and nurse and nurse that kid to stay on top of his weight. Some of you asked about starting solids. At this time we can't truly start solids since there isn't many calories and fat associated with the cereals which would only compound the problem. The cereal would cause him to drop feedings obviously, but not replace the calories he needs. I am so ready to start cereal and solids, but want to watch his weight and growth over the next month before I jump on that wagon. Believe me I can't wait! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...