Pages

07 July 2013

VBS + Moving = LONG WEEK

I debated between this post and the 4th of July recap. I choose to stay in order and not get further behind, plus everyone is posting about the 4th, so when I finally get around to it, it will seem new. ;)

Oh, way back in mid-June I sent my baby girl off to her first VBS experience. I get it she is 4 what's the big deal?! Well, for one she has never been outside my care or a grandparent's care ever. {aside from sunday school and kidzone, but I am right there in the building and that is for about an hour!} She doesn't go to pre-school, she doesn't go to day care, she doesn't go anywhere without me. Not because I am "one of those" parents, but I am a SAHM so taking care of her and MW is my job. The opportunity has just never presented itself. It was a little taste of what it will be like in another year when I send  her off to kindergarten!
I can hardly stand the thought!
{on a side note when did she get old enough for all of this?!}

So here she is and praise Jesus she and her BFF were in the same group! Along with my BFF as one of the helpers. She is like a second mom to my kids, so walking away and leaving her for 4 hours felt easier. She was so excited to go!

Chad and I got the privilege of helping my parents move. What was suppose to be a 1 day thing turned into 4 days?! My parent's are Murphy's Law. What will go wrong...DOES. Oy. My dad, my sister and Chad all worked like dogs. I couldn't believe what my sister Meg lifted. That girl is insane. I am just glad no one got seriously injured! So we would do this during VBS and then I would go home for naps. I was tired from all that bossing. ;)
MW was very helpful. He would lift a towel and say "too evey {heavy}." So funny.



The Widow maker. Oh.my.word. Have any of you EVER moved a piano?! Who knew they were that heavy?! By God's grace they got it in the truck, but we couldn't get it in the new house. So they hired movers for that and now they are selling it! Any takers?! Seriously! It's for sale!

Back to VBS. I would go early to watch them sing their songs and dance. I loved the songs. They were so fun.
On Day 2 of VBS Lo was very reluctant to go and stay. She cried and cried. I hated it. Normally at Church I just toss her in crying and walk away {which is such a rarity that she cries}. They know where to find me if she doesn't warm up. But I was leaving. Again, my friend to the rescue. She swooped in and was the mom Lo needed when I couldn't stay. I am so thankful for her!

Day 3 went better, but Day 4 we were back to tears. I think she gets so overwhelmed with everything she just can't process. This whole experience wore her out. She would nap like a rock star every day and then sleep in until 8ish every morning nearly running us late. Nuts.

I am not a t-shirt fan, but she wanted one. They were too big, so we improvised and rocked the '80s side knot and cheerleader tied up the sleeves. She rocked it as usual. 

Micah loved the songs too! He really got into it. Next year buddy!


My friend raises the best kids. They treat both of my kids with such kindness and respect no matter their ages. Love this.


Day 5-Ice Cream Social. Very exciting!!

This was a great VBS and I highly recommend it to anyone in our area, although several churches are putting on the Kingdom Rock program. I was impressed and she learned a lot! This was a great experience for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. you are going to make me cry--I am one of those moms, I have a hard time letting anyone watch my kids. I am way to hands on or some say controlling;) Ha ha I just have the hardest time giving up my kids. She was super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...