Pages

17 October 2013

Lo-Rider

I had a few goals for us this summer and one of them was Lo learning to ride her bike sans training wheels. The neighbor girl across the street, who is the same age, learned last summer. We tried with Lo, but to no real avail. Around July we tried again, and she would pedal a few strides and then topple over. She didn't want to do it. Training wheels back on.


I really have no idea when "the day" was. {Bad mommy} Mostly because we weren't expecting it. I didn't really even get any pictures, just a few videos. In true Leighton fashion, she woke up and decided today is the day. That is how she does everything in life...it is so weird. Daddy took off the training wheels and after maybe 2-3 trial runs {and she only fell because all the neighbor kids in their passion to cheer her own kept getting in her "way."} she was off. You will hear me screaming like a fool. But that is my proud mommy voice. I couldn't believe my eyes. My baby girl is off, riding her bike. Next thing I know I will be watching her drive off into the sunset with some boy. They are growing too fast.

Without any more ado...my baby girl's inaugural bike ride! {Sometime in August}



She at one point went up the driveway and slammed into the bushes...which she thought was hilarious and then proceeded to continue doing that.

She did struggle with starting on her own and stopping without just plain falling over, but after a few more practice days she was off and now she rides beside me while I run! Love it! Now she just needs a bigger bike.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...