Pages

13 August 2014

First Day of School {Pt.1}

The time for kindergarten has come. I am in denial. Where did the last 5 years go?!
Leighton has been super excited for Kindergarten, she even made a countdown chain.
Here she is on Meet the Teacher Night.
This was a nice opportunity to meet her teacher, obviously, and drop off her "so heavy" backpack.




Her cubbie!! Ah, she has a cubbie. And I may be overly excited about all these things. I have a school kid now. 
 A classroom hunt.
It took her awhile to find her name on the table. She would walk around see and "L" and stop "reading." I am excited to see what she learns and how quickly. First stop reading her own name. HA!
 Unloading of the loot.

 Today {August 13th 2014}
First quasi day of school.
Today was a stagger start and pre-screen day for some of the kindergartners.
SO EXCITED!! Is it time yet?!
 Daddy running behind as usual. HA!


 I told her now that school is here she must set her alarm, get up, get dressed, make her bed, eat breakfast, brush teeth and get around to go. This morning I was pleasantly surprised to walk in her room and see her room picked up and bed made without reminding her 200x!
I love those chalkboard things, but I don't have artsy handwriting. What I DO have is photoshop and that I am good at. Unfortunately the photo print was glossy. Next year I will do better. ;)

{blocking out the teacher and school name for privacy}

 Some days {and I know I am bias} I think about looking into child modeling. She just has this sparkle. May it never dim!
 Her BFF across the street both embarking on Kindergarten--just in different schools.
 Showing off her stuff.
 When we pulled in. Uber excited...





Daddy forgot his lunch on his first day...so we walked it down, but it made for a good photo op.


 Classroom!
 3 hours went quick and she was full of stories to tell. Showing me her work.
 2013
someone was a tad upset this morning. He really wants to go to school and instead is stuck at home with stinky mommy. I am looking forward though to having some special mommy son time. Now it's his turn get special one on one time like Lo got for 2 years.
Here's to a wonderful school year. I pray she will be a light to all those around her.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...